Monday, August 27, 2007

Egg on the Floor

I returned home Sunday evening from our regularly scheduled men's basketball night to my lovely wife, who began to create a small meal for the two of us within a few minutes of my arrival. Shortly after I had popped a few popcorn chicken pieces into my mouth and tasted their wonderful flavor, I reached for the refrigerator door, which at that moment completely fell off its hinges and sent several items crashing to the floor, one of which was an egg.

Luckily, I was able to keep the door in a somewhat upright position while Lyndsay rescued the remaining items from their designated slots. We then spent the next thirty minutes scrutinizing the architecture of the door and were able to return the fridge to its former glory. So far that has been the strangest event that has happened to us since we bought our new home. And in case anyone is curious, Lyndsay had an important role in this process which only adds to her long resume of fixing bizarre items around the household. Her resume can be found here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granted Lyndsay is talented in the fix it department. All I want to know is, was she able to put the egg back together again? That would be truly amazing.

TWH said...

Yep, I can see it, you and Lyndsay fixing that door. Can't wait to see your new place.

Adam said...

man thats why I dont keep anything on the inside of the door

TWH said...

anything new happening there ???

John said...

Hey man, when are you gonna finally move beyond the broken egg in your life? Seriously man. It's just an egg! Start blogging again bro!