Sunday, July 22, 2007

Home

Lyndsay and I now have a contract on this ranch home, which was signed on our anniversary. Lyndsay keeps saying, "You bought me a house for our anniversary!"

In case you are wondering, we did have a signed contract on a different house previously, but the home inspector saw a few issues that turned into a twenty-thousand dollar foundation problem.

So this is our new home and we hope that we will be closing on it the first or second week of August. Furthermore, I am glad to say that this time around the home inspection went great. We are really excited to get all the paperwork done, so we can start moving into our new house.

I personally am very excited about this move, for it will be, for me, the first time in my entire life that the structure that I call home, will be owned by myself or my family. That's right, I've never lived in a home that was ours. Growing up in Streator we lived in a parsonage, when I went to college I lived in a dorm, after graduation I lived in an apartment, and for the last 6 1/2 years we have lived in a church owned parsonage. This will be my first home.

6 comments:

Jason said...

Congratulations cousin! It looks great. Now I just have to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Dont forget when you lived in the church basement, bumb.

You remember when I lived there with you and I washed my underwear with handsoap in the bathroom sink...yeah, that handsoap thing didnt work real well.

Jonathan H said...

Those days were awesome.

Come visit anytime, Cuz.

dana0225 said...

Congrats on your new home! We bought our's on our anniversary too! Who knew you and RJ would be such giving husbands! :)

Anonymous said...

TWH knows how you feel. His first ever own home was the one we bought in Streator. He had lived in parsonages except for a short stint in an apartment all of his life. We have enjoyed having our own home very much. Hope you do too.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck!
If you need anything, let us know!
Tyler & Shellie