Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Where's The Sugar

Today was the second consecutive day that Xander and I have stayed home together in what is becoming a hospital ward. So yesterday, he and I are sitting on the couch eating frosted mini wheats and watching the Return of the Jedi (for the 5th time). We are eating them with our hands, picking them out of the bowl. As usual, I am picking out the mini wheats that have the most sugar on them, which is the right thing to do, so that Xander doesn't eat too much sugar.

As we sit there eating the cereal I begin to notice that the majority of the mini wheats hardly have any sugar on them at all and I'm like, hmm...that's strange. So I look over at Xander and watch him bite into a piece of cereal, a few seconds later I realize that he is biting the sugar off of the mini wheat. A light bulb comes on in my head and I begin to touch all of these seemingly sugarly-challenged mini wheats, only to discover that they are all soggy. Well, Xander got the rest of that bowl.

3 comments:

TWH said...

I can see it now. He and grandpa will be sitting on the porch eating Double Stuff Oreos. We'll unscrew the cookie so that all the frosting is on one side of the Oreo, unscrew another one, put the two halves together with all the frosting, eat what is now a quadruple stuff Oreo, check to see that grandma isn't looking, take the the side of the Oreo without frosting and throw it behind the bushes.

Jonathan H said...

And to top it all off, you'll be "helping" the birds.

Anonymous said...

Priceless, simply priceless! lol! Sorry to hear our little boy is sick.